This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
M&M's®, a tin of Dove chocolates and some American Greetings cards.
I knew I wanted to make treats that were shareable, so I also picked up Valentine's Day snack bags as well. When you're so far from home, homemade treats make things a little sweeter, so I settled on Coconut Strawberry Granola Bars and Strawberry Fudge Mix.
First, I made the Strawberry Fudge Mix.
For this recipe you will need:
9 cups rice cereal
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 bag M&M's®
2 cups powdered sugar
1. Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together over low on the stove.
2. Pour chocolate mixture over rice cereal.
3. Mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, pour half the powdered sugar.
4. Then add in your chocolate covered cereal, the other half of your powdered sugar and the M&M's®.
5. Mix well.
6. Package and enjoy!
When I finished the Strawberry Fudge Mix, it was time to make the granola bars!
You Will Need:
3 cups of rolled oats
1 cup of honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 bag M&M's®
3 tsp. butter
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix together the oats, coconut, honey, brown sugar, salt and melted butter.
3. Stir in the M&M's®.
4. Pack tightly into a lightly greased 8x8 baking pan.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
6. Let cool, cut and serve!
Before I mailed off our Valentine's Day box, I created an easy printable and attached it to each bag of treats.
|Download printable HERE|
We finished off the package with a box of Dove Chocolates and a couple American Greetings Valentine Cards before shipping it off to Afghanistan. I can't wait for our friend to receive it and I know it will make her smile.
What is your go-to sweet treat for Valentine's Day?