Withour further ado, this week's SPD is a peppermint tray and all you need are peppermints, parchment paper and/or non-stick tray (I wasn't taking any chances so I used both, a bowl if you're OCD about sizes, and an oven. An oven that works, if you really want to get technical.
Now, because I'm all about a good visual, I've outlined all the steps for you in pictures below and it's pretty much failproof.
1. Unwrap the mints. You know, like those free ones you get at restaurants. I personally think those brown and green chocolate peppermint ones would look phenomenal for a tray of brownies.
2. Arrange mints in the size you would like for your tray. I prefer a circle, but I'm sure you could do squares, rectangles...and hell probably a star if you're an over-achiever.
3. Put in the oven for about 20 minutes. This is where it gets dicey, because I don't know the make and model of your own personal ovens. If it's one of those that heats and cooks quickly, you'll just need to keep an eye out. The goal? A completely melted mint.
4. Take out of the oven and let it cool completely.
5. Put some baked goods on your new tray and take it over to your friends house where you can blow their minds by saying "I made all of this myself." Unless, of course, you bought the baked goods.
WHAM, BAM, THANK YOU, MA'M
P.S. I'm part of an ENORMOUS GIVEAWAY over here! I promise, you do not want to miss it. Hence, the GIGANTIC link.