OH HELLO WEEKEND & DECEMBER! There you are, you sneaky bastard.
Is it me or did this week drag on forever? Maybe it's because I've been living in a sea of whiny dogs and moving boxes, but that is neither here nor there because I CAN SEE THE LIGHT. Oh sweet glorious light.
Let's jump right in to my week, shall we?
1. This rain in Hawaii, it's killing me. I understand we need it and it's definitely making everything much greener (and prettier)...but I'm done. It's gotten to the point where every yard/sidewalk/field is muddy, the dogs require getting towel dried every time they come inside and don't even get me started on what havoc it has wreaked on my running schedule. Is it too much to ask to get a sunny weekend?!
|Lots of rain = lots of rainbows! #silverlining|
2. And speaking of running...THE HONOLULU MARATHON IS IN TEN DAYS. Agh. It makes me excited and nervous and scared all at once. I've been training for this since May and while I might be slower than a turtle in honey - I'm freaking doing it. I feel really proud of myself for setting the bar so high and actually going through with it and not backing out or admitting defeat when shit really got bad (like right now when I have bursitis and IT band issues). So long as I cross that finish line I don't care if it takes me 5 hours or 5 days. HECK YEAH!
3. We officially bought a house this week. Holy crap. Maybe that should have been #1, but it also doesn't really feel real yet. I'm sure when the movers show up and are hauling things away it will really sink in. We are OVER THE MOON. I can't express enough how happy we are with our place and how much happier we are to be moving out of our current nightmare of a situation. Black mold, you did not have me at hello. And if I'm being totally honest - I really just want to bust out all my Christmas decor and stop living out of boxes for the first time SINCE JULY. Gulp.
4. When I was visiting Sarah for her baby shower/surprise baby delivery, she gifted me with the most amazing hand cream. Dubbed Hand Food by Soap & Glory -- I CAN'T GET ENOUGH! It smells delicious and my hands and cuticles look better than they ever have. It's a nice small sized bottle so it's great for in my nightstand and I put about a dime sized amount on before bed. So far, I love it. The problem? I can't find it anywhere! Help, oh beauty maven goddesses out there!
5. On Sunday we are celebrating Dane's work Christmas party at Disney's Aulani. I can shamelessly say that anytime someone pays for us to go to a $60 brunch buffet for free, I'm SO THERE. Needless to say, I'll be hamming it up with Mickey himself and eating as many Mouse-shaped waffles as a I can respectably shove in my mouth without being that person.
How was your week? What are your weekend plans?
Linking up for Five on Friday