It's been a hot minute since I did a "5 Things For Friday" link-up post, so I'm coming at you with one eye open today.
1. First of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH for everyone who commented and sent love about my upcoming book. I read every single comment, e-mail, tweet and text--this blogging community is a truly amazing place!
Be sure you're following along on Instagram for sneak peeks along the way; I am absolutely over-the-moon excited for the big launch happening this summer!
2. In a flurry of cleaning off my computer hard drive (talk about a monumental task), I found this
horrifying amazing screen grab from my first ever taped press conference. Some days I wish I could go back to life in front of the media, but I'll stick behind a computer for now...
3. What the hell is up with all the judgement going around social media (and the world) right now? I thought I had heard it all and then my neighbor who just had a baby disclosed to me her doctor (you know, the one who is supposed to be neutral) shamed her for use of formula. That doctor is damn lucky I wasn't there to reach across the exam table and slap some sense into him. Come on, people! Differing opinions make the world go 'round.
4. This article from Slate.com is disturbingly good. I've talked here before about the absolution of my relationship with my biological father and in reading this article, I felt waves of epiphany. For anyone who has ever dissolved a toxic relationship from their lives--I cannot recommend this enough!
"Loved ones and friends—sometimes even therapists—who urge reconnecting with a parent often speak as if forgiveness will be a psychic aloe vera, a balm that will heal the wounds of the past. They warn of the guilt that will dog the victim if the perpetrator dies estranged. What these people fail to take into account is the potential psychological cost of reconnecting, of dredging up painful memories and reviving destructive patterns."
5. Is it even a blog post if I don't include a photo of my two favorite people?
Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!
Linking up with April