Vegan Brownies + Peanut Butter Ganache + White Chocolate Covered Pretzels
You Will Need:
For the chocolate covered pretzels:
- half a bag of white chocolate chips
- two handfuls of gluten free pretzels (Glutino is my fave!)
1. Melt chocolate.
2. Mix in pretzels.
3. Spread on a sheet of parchment paper and put into refrigerator. Don't worry! These don't have to be perfect or pretty--they're just going to get smashed up.
**Preheat the oven to 350 degrees now :)
- 1. Place the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to aerate and combine.
- Place the applesauce, maple syrup, soy or nondairy milk, measured oil, and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the flour mixture and fold with a rubber spatula until just combined (do not overmix). Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts (if using). Scrape the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth out the top.
For the vegan brownies (I modified Minimalist Baker's recipe--no flax eggs here!):
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (I swear by Cup4Cup)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, plus more for coating the pan
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Place the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
2. Mix the applesauce, maple syrup, soy milk, oil and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk to combine. 3. Add the flour mixture and fold with a rubber spatula until just combined.
4. Don't mix it too much! Put into a greased 8x8 pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean. So scientific, I know.
While the brownies are baking, make your PB mix!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- dash of vanilla
- 1/2 stick melted butter
**Once the brownies are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool COMPLETELY! This part is always hard for me because I want to finish the recipe, but it's important to make sure the brownies are cool.**
1. Once the brownies have cooled, spread peanut butter mix on top.
2. Remove your pretzels from the refrigerator and crush into tiny pieces.
3. Pour the pretzels on top of the peanut butter and gently press down so they stick.
I know it seems like a lot of steps but OH GOD, THESE ARE SO GOOD. You're going to have to trust me on this one--MAKE THEM.